Top 5 Tuesdays - Quick Stitches

Sorry, I'm a bit late! When it comes to quick stitches, the definition is a bit sketchy for me...if you count a HAED quick stitch, those puppies take months, so I'm going to go with ones that I could probably finish in a week or so.

One of the first designs I bought from Neni wasn't a Disney kit, but rather this one:
Speckled Owl
I'm not really into owls, but I liked this one and I do plan to do the glasses in purple instead of teal. It's pretty small, so it would take no time at all and I would probably hang it at work.

I have always been a HUGE fan of Calvin and Hobbes (I always said, that if I would have had kids, I probably would have had a boy that was a cross between Calvin and Cartman). I have all the books (well, I used to until it got replaced with the deluxe box set), I have a C&H sticker on my laptop, and I've had a newspaper cutout on my bulletin board at work that is probably forever old (it say's "If I grow up to be some sort of psychopath because of this, you'll all be sorry!"), so it made sense to stitch a C&H project:
il_fullxfull.709123364_4pee

There was a very simple Sleeping Beauty Pattern that I found on Etsy, and I just had to have it (although I may never stitch it because it will need to be done on dark fabric):
Sleeping Beauty

When I used to stitch one project at a time (back in the pre-blog days), after each major project, I would always do a Disney ornament as sort of a post-workout cool down (although there is nothing relaxing about these things, I find them quite annoying and difficult actually). I still have several in my stash though that maybe I'll do one day:
Mini Disneys
The finished ones hang in my office at work:
Untitled

And lastly, I recently bought several patterns from Etsy that was buy two, get one free, so these are what I went with:
Dogswelcom
Jason
il_fullxfull.994110072_5r3d
Any of these would be great for my office (or my computer room) as well.

As a bonus, I have another kit that I bought that I can't bring myself to stitch until I actually go to England (and house plans have skewered those plans for a couple of years, but maybe someday soon).
Forever Friends

Comments

Justine said…
Some great choices there. I love the running one!
Tiffstitch said…
Great list! I have the owl one as well and I like the others as fairly quick options.
Emma Louise said…
I love the etsy charts! I saw a funny sign that the future MIL wasn't too keen on as it said, "Friends welcome. Family by appointment only"
Kerryp77 said…
Love your choices. I've done a couple of Disney kits by anchor. They measured 4"x4" if that and were a right pain. I like the until people one. I often feel like that!
Linda said…
More great charts Keiley. I have about 25 of those little Disney kits. I love them but because they're on 18ct I don't know if I will ever stitch them.

Linda
Mii Stitch said…
Great choices for your quick stitch projects :)
Your finished Disney's ornaments look really fun!
I love the running one. That is so me. hahaha I will never run unless I am being chased and then I won't get very far. haha. Love all your picks this month :O)
I like the snarky ones the best!
Shame about the UK trip being put on hold. I bet if we built a DisneyUK you'd be here like a shot. Or a Duranland LOL
Heather said…
These are cute and I don't think I've seen most of them