Disney Reviews Snack Edition: #17 - Coca-Cola Store

I debated putting this one under shop reviews instead of snack, but since we did treat it more as a snack location (although we did buy some Coke swag), I decided to lump it in with the snacks.

To avoid the Am-butt (my nickname for her as a child, BTW) picture, I'll just use the one she was taking when I was taking mine:
2016(9)-a-0549
Oh, what the hell...mine is better anyway (which is rare because Am is an amazing picture-taker)!
2016(9)-1921
The backside is equally as pretty, just with an entirely different aesthetic (the Coke building, not Amber - she's gonna kill me if she reads this!):
2016(9)-1914
We shopped the three levels for quite a while (although I only managed one picture of...wait for it...a light fixture!):
2016(9)-1916
And we had already left the building when we realized we forgot to go to the roof-top bar which was why we went into the store in the first place, so back in we went to the top with evil, left-hander-hating Freestyle machines everywhere!
2016(9)-a-0554
Considering it was about lunchtime, it was pretty deserted:
2016(9)-a-0552
There was also still a bit of construction going on around Disney Springs (which is mainly all finished now), but here was our view:
2016(9)-1924
Notice the water tower? I LOVE water towers almost as much as lighthouses and interstate walls! Yes, we've already established I'm weird, so no need to go there!
2016(9)-1926
Poor old Planet Hollywood!
2016(9)-1925
And the reason for our visit...Cokes from around the world!
2016(9)-1927
2016(9)-1928
and backwards:
2016(9)-a-0555
It's been WAY to long to remember the good and the bad, but it was an equal mix of each. Their menu is here on the Disney site if you're interested. Nothing got spit through the air, but a few got swallowed with a bit of gagging (not a euphemism). Others got fought over until the last sip was gone. Me personally, I didn't like the non-sparkling ones much. Most tasted like flavored salt or seltzer water (without the bubbles). I'm also pretty sure that we both walked out of there a bit sick to our stomachs from all the sweetness. They also have a full bar with alcoholic drinks as well, but it was a bit early in the day for that!

Not sure we would do the big tray again, but at least we can say we did it and it is a really cool store for Coke fans. Now that they have started "New Coke"'ing Coke Zero, my love has dropped down a bit, but at least I have an original Coke Zero shirt in my collection thanks to that store. SAVE COKE ZERO CLASSIC! Hear me Coke people, your new Coke Zero Sugar crap SUCKS!!!! Damn the man, save the empire...sorry, getting carried away!

Comments

Linda said…
Looks like a neat place to visit.

Linda
Love the way they combine with old and new styles of the Coke building and the wonderful bubbly light fitting.
I had a peek at the menu - since when has JD & Coke been a cocktail? LOL No idea I'd been a cocktail waitress, I thought it was just a rock venue!
Mii Stitch said…
Wow, the bubbles light is so clever!!
You have been both brave tasting those various flavours. I wouldn't have dared.
I am a Pepsi Max girl, totally hooked!!
The Cokes of the World tray is so cool! I would love to try it. And that light fixture is beyond neat! Great review!!
The building does look awesome, back and front. I'm not a big fan of regular Coke (nope, Coke Light or Zero or Zero Sugar are no better for me, I just don't like the Coke taste in general), but I'd give that tray of different flavours a try!
Vickie said…
Where is this Disney Coke store??? I haven't been in a couple of years! I hope to go next fall.